Smoked Chili Beans
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
Red Onion – 1 (diced)
Garlic – 4 cloves (minced)
Lean Ground Beef – 2 Lbs.
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Ground Oregano – ½ teaspoon
Oregano Spices Smoked Chili Powder – 3 tablespoon
Jalapeno Pepper – 2 (seeded and finely diced)
Green Bell Pepper – 1 (seeded and diced)
Tomato Paste – 1 tablespoon
Brown Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Tomatoes – 1.5 Lb (diced with juice) or 2 Crushed Tomatoes Cans 14.5 oz
Kidney Beans – 19 oz (canned, drained and rinsed)
Beef Broth – 1.5 cups
Red Wine – 1/3 cup
- Heat (medium) olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add red onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Add Salt, black pepper and ground oregano.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add Oregano Spices Smoked chili powder, Jalapeno pepper, green bell pepper, tomato paste, and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, beef broth and red wine. Stir well.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.